Securing Buy-In & Support for Technology Expansion
7:30 am Networking Breakfast & Chair’s Welcome
8:30 am Keynote: Ensuring Field Workers Are at the Heart of Your Technology Strategy to Open the Door to Innovation
- Rawle Sawh VDC Director, Gilbane Building Company
- Chad Knutson VDC & FM Division Leader, Gilbane Building Company
- Revising the perception of the VDC team as a support and training group for the wider organization to bridge the gap between Technology and Operations: How can technology leaders place real-time challenges at the heart of R&D strategies?
- Underlining the importance of technology champions: How can you identify, encourage, and promote innovators from all levels of operations teams to reinforce the need for change and support wider technology adoption?
- Creating internal innovation portals to encourage field workers to highlight problems, seek support from VDC teams, and share ideas of how new systems can and are being leveraged across projects
9:10 am The Co | Lab: How Can We Bring all Parties Together to Transform Productivity & Inspire Innovation Across the Entire Industry?
- Katie Rothenberg VP Sustainability & Innovation, HITT Contracting Inc.
- Aidan Hitt Co|Lab Manager, HITT Contracting Inc.
- Assessing what innovation truly means for the construction industry and how collaboration can be fostered to move the needle for all Clients, Contractors and Designers when it comes to building materials, means, methods and technology
- Developing an innovative and inspiring space to create the right place for change to happen: How was the lab designed and built to be a living example of innovation?
- Underlining the process of bringing together innovators from different backgrounds, silos, geographies and generations to enable all to push the boundaries and share lessons learned to develop industry wide best practices
9:50 am Return on Technology is Return on Inspiration: The Value of Using Efficient Tools to Ensure Return on Innovation
- Trevor Johnston Project Manager, XL Construction
- Priscilla Vidal Sr. Product Marketing Manager , Procore
When attempting to secure support for technology expansion, you have probably heard Executives ask: How is this solution different than what we have seen before? Maybe it’s time to evolve the conversation. Join us as we:
- Discuss bridging the gap between VDC, design, operations, and field teams using efficient technology to help reduce waste and keep projects moving
- Explore the importance of understanding technology usage and learn how Procore’s health dashboards create the foundation to begin to understand ROI
- Discover how to inspire adoption in the field and help Executives make better investment decisions
10:20 am Morning Refreshments
11:00 am Track Session 1
12:20 pm Lunch Break
1:10 pm Track Session 2
3:00 pm Afternoon Refreshments
Expanding Your Technology Roadmap
3:30 pm Panel: Developing Tracking & Collection of Efficiency Metrics to Prove the Value of New Systems & Secure Investment
- Judd Fuoto Lead Solutions Analyst, Southland Industries
- Andrew Pitcher Analytics & Integrations Manager, Joeris General Contractors
- Ensuring a clear tracking strategy for the adoption of new tools: Identifying what improvements will be made and what metrics can be tracked to prove improvements in operational efficiency
- Benchmarking approaches to collecting and analyzing productivity data to determine success in technology pilots and signal the right time to invest
- Analyzing effective ways to report and dashboard key metrics for decision makers to support the overall business case for adoption of a new tool
4:10 pm Panel: Exploring the Future of Construction Technology: How Can We Best Prepare Teams for Change in the Coming Years?
- Randee Herrin SVP New Construction, Houston TDIndustries
- Dan Smolilo Director of Process & Innovation, The Walsh Group
- Tom Baker Director of IT, Heico Construction Group LLC
- Kyle Mattingly VDC Manager, Barton Malow
- Steve Baret Integrated Construction Coordinator, Mortenson
- Identifying trends that are changing the way we construct and use buildings such as environmental considerations, population growth and infrastructure renewal: What technologies may help to meet these new priorities?
- Reviewing changes teams must begin making now to effectively arm their organization with the tools and infrastructure to embrace further digitalization
- Assessing the rate of technological advancements and the saturation of the market to determine how things will change as the proliferation of new companies becomes unsustainable
- Discussing the reality of tools and systems on the bleeding edge of construction technology: What do you need to be ready for the next 2-3 years?
5:00 pm Chair’s Closing Remarks & End of Main Conference
5:30 pm Gold Package Boat Cruise
We recognize that the value of this event is not only in the presentation content, but also meeting new people, discussion of ideas, and getting inspiration from what’s around you. Therefore, in 2019, register for our Gold Pass to be a part of our exclusive 2 hour architecture tour of Chicago. Be inspired by the beauty of what this city has to offer: board our private tender, grab a beer, and soak in the sights as we continue conversations from the event well into the evening.
9:50 pm Return on Technology. Return on Inspiration: The Value of Using Efficient Tools to Ensure Return on Innovation
When attempting to secure support for technology expansion, you have probably heard Executives ask; how is this solution different than what we have seen before? Maybe it’s time to evolve the conversation. Join us as we discuss how to bridge the gap between VDC, design, operations, and field teams using efficient technology to help reduce waste and keep projects moving. Explore the importance of understanding technology usage and learn how Procore’s health dashboards create the foundation to begin to understand ROI. Discover how to inspire adoption in the field and help Executives make better investment decisions.